Lotus’s new Eletre, Eletre S, and Eletre R bring three versions of an electric SUV to the market. The models will start around €95,990 and the base model will have 603hp and go all the way up to a whopping 905 horsepower. The Eletre and Eletre S have a range of 373 miles while the Eletre R has a range of 304 miles. Lotus offers five drive modes, active air suspension, torque vectoring, and matrix LED headlights.
If you’re attending SEMA, don’t forget to check out the Dodge Charger Daytona SRT Banshee Concept. There are several tiers of the Banshee with the wildest one using an 800-volt electrical system and should produce over 670 horsepower. One of my favorite parts about the electric beast is the carbon wheels. Mmmmmm Electric muscle.
Volkswagen’s ID.4 wins the first-ever SEMA Award for Electric Vehicle of the Year. For 2023, VW is assembling the ID.4 at its Chattanooga facility and it starts at a lovely price of $37,495. Congrats VW!
In other EV News
- Jeep is planning a contest to help decide the Wagoneer S electric vehicle’s official name. Help them out!
- EVs make up 18% of new car sales in California, while the rest of the country is sporting a 6% makeup.
- IDTechEx has reported that 35.7 million electric vehicles were sold worldwide in 2021 and expects the sales numbers to reach 74 million by 2030. Battery electric and plug-in hybrid cars demanded 280GWh in 2021 while other electric-powered venues required 31GWh.
- Pacific Gas and Electric company signed a partnership with the Vehicle-Grid Integration Council to approve the U.S.’s first vehicle-to-grid export compensation for commercial use.
- Jaguar Land Rover has partnered with Wolfspeed to incorporate silicon carbide technology into its electric vehicles.
- Ford EV owners celebrated Halloween this year by showcasing Ford’s frunks and added technology like vehicle-to-load.
Inflation is high and the holidays are coming up, so we thought we would try to help out. This month we’re giving away a $50 Amex Card. All you have to do is;
- Subscribe to our Youtube Channel
- Leave a comment on a video posted between 11/3 and 12/01.
- Sit back and wait for the announcement in our newsletter on 12/01.
-John @ Mobility EVo
Tesla released a new Full Self-Driving Beta update that includes more drivers. The update doesn't include any new features and is more focused on performance updates to the system such as upgraded object detection
In other AV News
- Einride completed its public road pilot autonomous vehicle test in Tennessee.
- XPeng received a permit to begin testing its autonomous vehicle, the G9 electric SUV, on public roads in Guangzhou. The project will begin with a small fleet and a human safety operator.
- Hyundai and WeRide have teamed up to produce hydrogen-powered self-driving cars. The companies will produce the cars in China.
- Passengers at the Phoneix airport will get a chance to ride Waymo’s robotaxis.
EPG and Mobility EVo
Mobility EVo is brought to you by EPG. EPG is an electric vehicle and autonomous vehicle recruiting and staffing company. We created Mobility EVo to bring you the latest news on the Electric Vehicle and Autonomous Vehicle industry through our newsletter. Whether it’s Tesla, Ford, Mobileye, Cruise, Waymo, GM, Rivian, we bring it to you. We also have some electric vehicle merch too. Check out our EV hats, EV Shirts, EV Hoodies, etc… We have something for everyone.