Attending CES always leaves me feeling energized and excited about the future of the automotive industry. This year was no different.
As a mechanical engineer, I find it fun to nerd out on reading the spec labels on charging stations, seeing the inside of an inverter or differential, or simply talking to the people that engineered these products. You can only learn so much about a company and product online, the true understanding comes from seeing them, touching them, and talking to the people that engineered them.
This year's highlights include:
- John Deere's electric excavator, powered by a Kreisel battery.
- Mercury Marine's Avator 7.5e all-electric outboard motor (watch out fish)
- Oshkosh Corporation's NGDV mail truck being produced in South Carolina for the United States Postal Service
- FreeWire Technologies and their battery bank technology with charger-to-grid potential
- Zero Labs Automotive and their remade all-electric Ford Bronco
- Riding through The Boring Company tunnel in a Tesla
-Joe @ Mobility EVo