A few months ago, we had the opportunity to visit Rivian's facility in Venice, CA, which proved to be an incredible hangout spot. Just recently, at this very same location, Wassym Bensaid, the Senior Vice President of Software Development at Rivian, provided some valuable insights into the software team's guiding principles and upcoming improvements. Rivian's software architecture is designed to always be on and connected, allowing for over-the-air updates that continuously enhance vehicle performance. The company also greatly values customer feedback and is dedicated to cultivating a strong community. Here are some more key takeaways:
- Dash cam integration, available by month's end.
- Truck bed camera functionality while towing, set to launch in the summer.
- Enhanced voice assistant and messaging integration, expected to take a few quarters to complete.
- Mirror camera activation upon using blinkers, arriving in the summer.
- An upgraded navigation system featuring adventure planning and community-sourced information.
- Valet mode for restricted access and speed control.
- An expanded selection of entertainment apps, including video and audio streaming.
- Festive software events and Easter eggs.