⚙️Giga Casting with Toyota:
We had to get new tires yesterday and decided to stop by Nissan. They had a few Ariya’s on the lot. I like the above color the best. The salesman said they are selling at a good clip. My 4.5 year old approves of them.
Stay informed on the latest with EVs in five minutes or less! BYD and Shell open a fast charging hub, BYD accounts for 26% of EV sales in Southeast Asia, Hyundai rushes to open Georgia plant due to law rewarding EV production, NC A&T shows off self-driving vehicle, and May Mobility announces deployment of on-demand autonomous microtransit to improve access to healthcare.
Share this newsletter.
“If I have seen further, it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.”
EV Infrastructure Summit
You’re running our of time! Join the EV Infrastructure Summit, a virtual event that will teach you how to profit from EV charging stations, prepare your sites for EVs, and network with other EV charging leaders.
Top 10ish News Stories Powered by EV.Careers
- Revealing a next-generation battery electric vehicle production line and advanced technologies, Toyota aims to revolutionize its manufacturing and catch up with American and European EV competitors as it introduces giga casting, a three-part modular structure, self-propelled production, and solid-state battery development to boost its electric vehicle offerings.
- In a recent memo, Austin Energy detailed its efforts to create a citywide vision plan for electric vehicle charging station distribution, aiming to achieve 226 megawatts of charging capacity to support 40% electric vehicle adoption while pursuing federal incentives and grants.
- Reforms to the "green bonus" incentive program for electric vehicles will prioritize the greenest EVs, especially those produced in France and the EU, based on a "green score" considering production-related emissions, aiming to reduce dependencies on cheaper Chinese EVs flooding the EU market.
- Shell and BYD have jointly opened one of the world's largest EV charging sites with 258 stations in Shenzhen, China, capable of charging up to 3,300 EVs daily and generating 300,000 kWh of electricity annually.
- Racing to commence electric vehicle and battery production at a $7.6 billion complex in coastal Georgia, Hyundai aims to capitalize on federal EV incentives by accelerating construction efforts and potentially starting production three months ahead of schedule in 2024, aiming to ensure 100% USA battery sourcing and hiring an additional 400 workers to meet the increased capacity demands.
- A fleet of self-driving vehicles has been unveiled at North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University for a research pilot program, offering students, faculty, staff, and community members a one-mile ride from the Harold L. Martin Sr. Engineering Research and Innovation Complex to the Miriam P. Brenner Children’s Museum to study autonomous vehicles for public and rural transportation, with the autonomous pilot program open to the public on weekdays from September 19 to October 13 between 11 a.m. and 1 p.m.
- Contra Costa Transportation is collaborating with May Mobility to offer its autonomous microtransit service in Martinez, California, aiming to enhance healthcare access by providing on-demand transportation for staff, patients, and the community.
- Researchers at the Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory and a consortium of battery scientists are working to commercialize a new battery cathode material called disordered rock salt, which has the potential to provide lithium-ion batteries with higher energy density than traditional cathodes made of nickel and cobalt, aiming to accelerate the development of sustainable and abundant battery materials for electric vehicles.
- BYD is rapidly expanding its presence in Southeast Asia, partnering with local distributors and accounting for 26% of all EV sales in the region in the second quarter of 2023, driven by its strategy of brand proliferation and affordable prices.
- Hyundai Motor Group and Georgia Tech have signed a memorandum of understanding to collaborate on research and applications related to sustainable mobility, including the development of a hydrogen economy, workforce development, and smart city initiatives, among other areas.
- A power purchase agreement has been signed with BXP and Enel for a 21-megawatt portion of the Estonian solar project under construction in Delta County, Texas, strengthening their partnership in sustainable energy solutions.
See our job openings and learn about our $599 referral program below! Featured jobs include: