⚡How Nissan is electrifying the future...
Latest EV/AV topics delivered to you in just 5 minutes or less, Tesla’s rival Xpeng buys Didi’s smart EV assets for $744M, driverless airport rides offered by Baidu, Nissan is set to launch 27 new EVs by 2030, New Jersey is proposing to ban the sale of gas-powered cars by 2035, and Beep and Oxa partner to deploy AVs. This and so much more.
“The best way to predict the future is to create it.”
Pop Quiz by EV.Careers
Join EV.Careers, the ultimate job board for EV sales positions, and find your dream job in the booming and thrilling industry of electric mobility.
Mobileye is working with ______ on autonomous technology for one of its future models.
- By 2030, 27 electrified vehicles will be launched by Nissan, featuring a new Leaf with more range and a series-hybrid Rogue; as well as pilot production of solid-state batteries starting next year.
- Charge Enterprises has been chosen by Stellantis to provide white-glove, end-to-end services for building electric vehicle supply equipment and charging infrastructure for its 2,600+ dealers nationwide.
- With the goal of catching up to Tesla's progress in the Korean EV charging sector, Hyundai Motor Group is working on developing proprietary ultra-fast electric vehicle chargers through its subsidiary Hyundai Kefico Corp., seeking certification for 350 kW super-fast chargers to be launched this year.
- Chinese EV startup Xpeng is acquiring Didi's smart EV assets for $744 million, creating a strategic partnership to promote global smart electric vehicles and technologies, resulting in a sub-brand under Xpeng called "Mona”, with plans for a 2024 launch and collaboration in marketing, financial services, charging, and international expansion.
- AI company Baidu, Inc. has expanded its Apollo Go autonomous ride-hailing platform to include Wuhan Tianhe International Airport, creating China's first autonomous ride-hailing service.
- New Jersey is considering a proposal to phase out gas-burning vehicle sales over the next 12 years, requiring zero-emission vehicles to account for 43% of light-duty vehicle sales by 2027 and reaching 100% by 2035.
- A strategic partnership between Beep Inc. and Oxa has formed to deploy Oxa's self-driving software, Oxa Driver, in a variety of vehicle types operated by Beep, with a fleet of autonomous and electric shuttles featuring Oxa Driver currently operating at the SunTrax test facility in Florida.
- A permit has been obtained by GM to conduct road testing of its autonomous vehicles in China, specifically in Shanghai's Intelligent Connected Vehicle designated area, utilizing Cadillac Lyriq units equipped with solutions developed in collaboration with tech startup Momenta for a year of testing.
- Two BYD | RIDE K7M battery-electric buses have been delivered to the City of Burlington in North Carolina for its Link Transit Fleet, enhancing the city's public transit system with clean and sustainable transportation options while connecting pedestrian walkways and greenways to the Link bus stops.
- In collaboration with General Motors, Duke Energy, Ford Motor Company, and BMW of North America, are launching a 12-month EV Complete Home Charging Plan pilot in North Carolina to provide residential customers with fixed monthly fees for charging their electric vehicles at home, utilizing an application to optimize charging schedules and contribute to emissions reduction and grid stability efforts.
See our job openings and learn about our $599 referral program below! Featured jobs include: