🏁Rimac Nevera did what?
Get ready to dive into a world of exciting news in the EV and AV realms! From industry leaders like Rimac, Rivian, Consumer Reports, Tesla, and BYD to groundbreaking advancements in charging infrastructure with Curb Stone Charging; there's an abundance of captivating updates waiting for you. So, grab your scrolling finger and prepare to be immersed in the latest developments in the electric and autonomous vehicle industries.
“Today, I am proud to say that the car we’ve created can get to 400km/h and back to 0 in less time than it took the McLaren F1 to accelerate up to 350km/h.”
– Mate Rimac, Founder and CEO of Rimac Automobili
How many records did Rimac break with the Nevera?
The answer is here.
EV Charging 101
Don’t forget to explore the EV Charging Summit. This remarkable event is specifically designed for professionals in the EV charging industry, providing a unique opportunity to delve into topics such as financial incentives, sustainable transportation advocacy, and the cultivation of meaningful networks.
Attendees will have the chance to explore strategies for leveraging EV charging stations as lucrative investments, develop tactical approaches for site conversions, and gain valuable insights from successful enterprises, ultimately fostering innovation within their own organizations.
The virtual conference is scheduled for June 29-30. Do not miss out!
For the poll on Tuesday “Should the government incentivize the adoption of EVs through rebates and tax credits?”86% said Yes. Some comments below:
- I would rather the government subsidize people rather than corporations.
- A conservative estimate from Oil Change International puts the U.S. total at around $20.5 billion annually, including $14.7 billion in federal subsidies and $5.8 billion in state-level incentives.
- Be able to get it more affordable to everyone.
- Once you experience an EV you will tell your friends and the EV adoption rate will continue to climb which benefits everyone.
- As long as we continue to subsidize oil we should continue to support EV costs. We have to move away from fossil fuels!
- If they don't provide some incentive to switch to an EV, they will never see the utilization they insist must happen by 2035.
- The Rivian Update 2023.18.00 introduces scheduled charging in the mobile app, along with improvements such as reduced range loss when using a phone as a key, fixes for various issues including DC charging failures, enhancements to Driver+ features, usability improvements for the media app, improved functionality for Car Wash mode, and fixes for rare issues related to drive modes, phone pairing, fan control, and acceleration response.
- Consumer Reports has opened a 1.5 mile test loop at their Auto Test Center in CT to evaluate and compare Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS) on a closed course, with the aim of promoting safety, innovation, and consumer awareness about the limitations of these systems, ultimately advocating for standardized safety features in vehicles.
- ABM is establishing the ABM Electrification Center in Cumming, GA, to centralize its operations and services related to eMobility, resiliency, and electrical infrastructure, providing training, warehouse space, and a technology hub for testing innovative solutions in EV infrastructure, microgrids, parking, and power systems.
- Rheinmetall, in collaboration with the City of Cologne and TankE GmbH, is launching an experimental project to install curb stone chargers in public streets, aiming to test their compatibility and potential benefits in two diverse regions of Cologne, with the goal of offering an alternative and aesthetically pleasing charging method for electric vehicles.
- Colorado is launching the Fleet ZERO initiative, offering grants of up to $7 million in the first year to local governments and businesses operating large groups of electric vehicles, aiming to build fast charging stations and support the transition to clean fuel vehicles.
- During Tesla's shareholders' meeting, CEO Elon Musk hinted at the launch of two new products, without providing specific details, but expressing confidence that they will achieve over five million sales per year.
- In Portland's three counties, battery-only electric vehicles accounted for 18% of new vehicle registrations in February.
- Governor Greg Abbott of Texas has signed a new law, Senate Bill 505, which imposes a $400 registration fee on new electric vehicle owners and a $200 fee for renewing registration. The new fee goes into effect on September 1.
- Vietnamese EV manufacturer VinFast expects a nearly 600% increase in EV sales this year, and plans to introduce new models including an electric pickup truck and a low-cost mini car priced between $10,000 and $12,000, as the company aims to expand its lineup and become a global player in the EV market. VinFast sold around 7,400 EVs in 2022 and hopes to sell up to 50,000 EVs in 2023, with the chairman projecting the company to break even by the end of 2024.
- BYD is addressing its lag in autonomous driving by establishing a dedicated division for intelligent driving research, actively recruiting software engineers, and partnering with chip technology firms Nvidia and Horizon Robotics, aiming to bring forth innovations in the field within the next two to three years.
Top Talent Profile
Motion Planning Engineer Ready For Hire!
Meet our candidate, “R”. He's a highly talented Motion Planning Engineer that is looking for his next big opportunity within the autonomous vehicle industry. His profile includes:
- 8+ years of automotive industry experience, including extensive experience with Motion Planning
- Powertrain Controls Engineer at one of the Big Three automakers
- Senior Autonomous Driving Engineer with an emphasis in Motion Planning & Controls at an electric vehicle startup
- Holds a Master's Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Proficient in building algorithms
- Solid C++, Matlab, and Python skills
- Available for immediate employment
Contact EPG today if you or someone you know is looking to hire their next great employee!
See our job openings and learn about our $599 referral program below! Featured jobs include: