🏆Mercedes-Benz opens first
Scroll to find out the latest regarding Tesla’s secret removal of the clause, BMW’s national expansion, and Proterra’s results.
So much good EV news today. Just give it a scroll
"It’s hard to beat a person who never gives up."
-Babe Ruth, former professional baseball player
We are giving away a $50 gift card, plus an EV beanie to keep your head warm. To enter, you just need to:
- Subscribe to our newsletter
- Follow us on Instagram
It’s simple. We’ll announce the winner on our Instagram on 11/30.
*Giveaway only applies to subscribers located in the continental US.
Top 10ish News Stories Powered by EV.Careers
- Tesla's updated terms of service, including a clause granting the company first right of refusal or a $50,000 penalty for Cybertruck resales within the first year without explicit permission, has been removed from the U.S. Cybertruck Motor Vehicle Order Agreement.
- BMW of North America is expanding its smart charging service, ChargeForward, nationwide, offering incentives for BMW battery electric vehicles and plug-in hybrid vehicles to charge during times of high renewable energy on the grid.
- Proterra has concluded the "Track A" auction of its Chapter 11 sales process, with Phoenix Motor set to acquire the Proterra Transit business line, and CSI to acquire the Proterra Energy business line, including the Valence fleet and energy management product, while the "Track B" auction was completed with Volvo Battery Solutions winning the bid for the Proterra Powered business line. The acquisitions are subject to approval by the bankruptcy court, regulatory approvals, and closing conditions. The court's approval hearing is scheduled for November 28, 2023.
- Plans to invest $750 million are underway for Volkswagen in its Puebla factory in Mexico and has confirmed its intention to produce electric vehicles there.
- Renault’s electric vehicle unit, Ampere, plans to launch seven new EV models by 2031, including a city car priced below $22,000.
- Battery electric vehicles in the United States accumulate fewer annual miles than conventional gasoline vehicles, with BEV cars averaging 4,477 fewer miles annually.
- Xiaomi reported record sales of over $3.11 billion during the Singles Day shopping festival from Oct. 23 to Nov. 11.
- Mercedes-Benz is reportedly transitioning all 5,000 of its company cars in Germany to electric vehicles, encouraging employees to voluntarily choose EVs.
- Hyundai has initiated the construction of a new electric vehicle factory in Ulsan, South Korea, with an annual production capacity of up to 200,000 EVs, marking its first new plant in Korea in 29 years.
- Backed by $871,000 in ARENA funding, smart metering company Intellihub is installing 22 kW electric vehicle chargers on suburban street power poles in Sydney and the Hunter Valley region.
- Mercedes-Benz inaugurated its first electric vehicle fast-charging hub in the United States, located at its headquarters in Atlanta, Georgia, offering 400kW charging speeds.
See our job openings and learn about our $599 referral program below! Featured jobs include: