🔎 What happens when a Volvo leaks?
I hope everyone had a relaxing and enjoyable long weekend, and took some time to remember and honor those who gave the ultimate sacrifice on Memorial Day.
“We are called the nation of inventors. And we are. We could still claim that title and wear its loftiest honors if we had stopped with the first thing we ever invented, which was human liberty.”
– Mark Twain
The upcoming Volvo EX30 has a ___ lower CO2 impact compared to the C40 and EC40.
The answer is here.
Where do you charge? Poll Results
We were curious about your charging habits, so we popped a question in our Thursday newsletter: How often do you plug in your EV at a public station? One of the coolest perks of owning an EV is that you can juice it up at home. And it seems like most of you love that, as 64% of you said you “rarely or never” go to a public charger, 20% said you swing by “monthly”, 12% said “weekly” and a mere 4% said “daily”.
- These are some of the responses we received:
- Typically charge at home (have solar so close to zero cost) or at work which is free - use Superchargers for long-distance travel.
- I charge at home 99% of the time.
- Never, I always charge at home utilizing the power from 34 solar panels on my roof. Cost is below $10.00 per charge.
- I have a 2012 Leaf that I get 50 miles on a charge so I don’t go very far so I don’t need a charging station.
How awesome is it to have a refueling station at home?
Top EV/AV News
- Nissan Formula E Team drivers Sacha Fenestraz and Norman Nato reflect on their first season with the squad, discussing the challenges of adapting to the Gen3 technology, their positive experiences with the team, memorable moments such as achieving pole positions in Monaco and Cape Town, and the lessons learned from competing against championship leaders.
- Starting in Spring 2024, Ford will allow its electric vehicle customers to access Tesla Superchargers, doubling their fast-charging options, with the requirement of a Tesla-developed adapter and software integration until 2025 when Ford's next-generation EVs will have the NACS connector built-in
- A young Moroccan entrepreneur aims to establish the first African-designed and engineered electric car through his company, the Atlas E-Mobility Group, with plans to collaborate with an international car manufacturer and incorporate a distinct Moroccan interior design.
- The Tesla Model Y became the world's top-selling car in Q1 2023 with 267,200 units sold, surpassing the Toyota Corolla.
- The Volvo EX30 was accidentally leaked.
- Join Volvo for the actual unveiling of the new Volvo EX30, a small fully electric SUV designed to enhance safety, convenience, and enjoyment, while also boasting the lowest CO2 emissions of any Volvo car to date and offering ample range, with the reveal taking place on June 7, 2023, and being live-streamed for everyone to experience.
- In San Francisco, Ample's revolutionary EV battery-swapping system allows Uber drivers to quickly exchange depleted batteries for fully charged ones, enabling them to continue their work day seamlessly and addressing the need for efficient charging solutions that support mass EV adoption.
- Announcing a joint venture, Hyundai Motor Group and LG Energy Solution will establish a battery cell manufacturing facility in the U.S., involving an investment of over $4.3 billion, with plans to commence battery production by the end of 2025 and a capacity of 30 GWh annually, enabling the production of 300,000 electric vehicles.
- Unveiling the cutting-edge Isaac AMR platform, NVIDIA propels the future of autonomous mobile robot fleets, empowering them with a remarkable array of advanced mapping, autonomy, and simulation capabilities. With the potential to expedite AMR development and deployment, optimize operations, and shrink costs and time to market, this innovation paves the way for a thriving mobile robot industry.
- In the quest for a greener future, New York City is partnering with the New York Power Authority to establish up to 13 EV fast-charging hubs in municipal parking facilities, addressing the need for increased charging infrastructure in cities.