Kia, Tesla, Mercedes, DeWalt, Google, and so much more. EV news in 5 minutes or less.
“Setting goals is the first step into turning the invisible into the visible.”
Top 10ish News Stories Powered by EV.Careers
- Tesla offers premium Color Wraps in glacier blue, forest green, satin rose gold, slip grey, satin ceramic white, satin stealth black or crimson red for the Model 3 and Model Y.
- Lexus is set to unveil an entire concept model lineup at the Japan Mobility Show 2023, focusing on sustainable and electrified visions for the "future of cars.”
- Google has introduced new tools for electric vehicle owners, allowing them to search for EV range, charging costs, and other electric-specific features directly from the Google search box, along with tools to compare different EV models and estimate fuel costs compared to gas-powered vehicles.
- Kia has announced the pricing and vehicle trim details for its upcoming 2024 EV9, the brand's first three-row SUV EV, with an array of trims starting at $54,900 going all the way up to $73,900 for the GT-Line. Reservations opening on October 16.
- Bridgestone India has partnered with Tata Power to install 25/30 Kwh capacity DC fast chargers for four-wheelers at its dealerships nationwide, capable of charging a vehicle within one hour and accommodating 20-24 vehicles daily, operational 24/7 and accessible to all EV owners through Tata Power's EV Charging mobile app.
- Stellantis and Samsung SDI are set to construct a second battery manufacturing facility in Kokomo, Indiana, forming part of the StarPlus Energy joint venture, with production scheduled to begin in early 2027, involving an investment of over $3.2 billion and creating 1,400 new jobs in the region, doubling the total investment to more than $6.3 billion and 2,800 new jobs alongside the first gigafactory already in construction.
- Mercedes-Benz USA reported Q3 2023 electric vehicle sales grew 284%, from the same quarter last year, to 10,423 units, accounting for 14% of all Mercedes-Benz passenger vehicle sales in the US with the EQ lineup now accounting for 14% of all Mercedes passenger vehicle sales in the US.
- DeWalt is joining with Paragon Group to create a J1772 style EV charger plug compatible with all major electric vehicle brands, including Tesla NACS (via an adaptor). There will be two types: portable and wall-mounted. Portable chargers come in 16Amp and 32Amp varieties and are great for on-the-go charging, while wall-mounted chargers come in 40Amp and 48mp models and require professional installation.
- Six projects in various UK areas have secured government and industry funding totaling $1.6 million to conduct feasibility studies on how self-driving vehicle technology can improve local transport, focusing on cost-effectiveness, reduced emissions.Mobility programme.
- Vingroup's Chairman, Mr. Pham Nhat Vuong, will donate 99.8% of VinES Energy Solutions Joint Stock Company's shares to VinFast to enhance VinFast's self-sufficiency in battery technology and its production chain.
- Exyte will construct a state-of-the-art dry room for Volkswagen within the automaker's battery cell gigafactory in Salzgitter, Germany, playing a crucial role in battery cell production by maintaining the required clean and dry environment, with prospects of an annual capacity of 40 GWh.
- Kodiak Robotics and Maersk have opened the first commercial autonomous trucking lane between Houston and Oklahoma City, facilitating 24-hour operation for four days a week to transport consumer goods and expand their collaboration, marking a significant milestone for self-driving trucking technology deployment.
Personal DC Fast Charger
See our job openings and learn about our $599 referral program below! Featured jobs include:
- Senior EV Controls Engineer
- Mechanical Engineer II & III
- Customer Success Manager
- Account Executive
- Director of EV Charging (Remote)
- Automotive Technician - Electric Vehicles