🧑🚀Astronauts and electric canoes…
Get ready for a power-packed newsletter that will leave you electrified! Canoo and NASA, the Army and Lightnings, an electric Caterham, Lyriq pricing down, and so much more in today’s newsletter in 5 minutes or less.
And don't forget to spread the word - share it with your friends for an electrifying experience. The more, the merrier!
Let's get started!
Timing has always been a key element in my life. I have been blessed to have been in the right place at the right time.
How many EVs did Lucid produce in Q2?
- Canoo has successfully delivered three Crew Transportation Vehicles to NASA's Kennedy Space Center on time, which will be used to transport astronauts to the launch pad for the Artemis lunar missions.
- The Chevy Blazer EV has left GM's Ramos Arizpe plant in Mexico and is currently being transported to the US, with the facility producing 65 Blazer EV models per hour and the first order already on its way, while the Equinox EV's planned departure date is yet to be determined.
- The U.S. Army has introduced the first wave of electric Ford F-150 Lightning trucks at Fort Carson, with plans to replace all non-tactical light-duty vehicles across its installations with electric alternatives by 2027 as part of its climate change strategy, aiming for net-zero greenhouse gas emissions by 2050.
- Project V has recently been unveiled by Caterham, a lightweight fully-electric coupé concept vehicle, designed in collaboration with Italdesign, with plans for a potential release in late 2025 or early 2026, featuring a battery-electric powertrain, a 200kW rear motor, a 55kWh battery pack, an estimated range of 249 miles, and a target starting price of less than £80,000.
- GM has reduced the starting price of the Cadillac Lyriq electric vehicle in China by nearly 14%, following Volkswagen's lead, as automakers face pressure to lower prices.
- BMW experienced significant sales growth in the second quarter of 2023, with a doubling of fully-electric BMW vehicle deliveries compared to the same period last year.
- Porsche intends to transition its 718 Boxster and Cayman to electric-only models in 2025.
- BYD and MeetKai have launched BYD World, an interactive virtual dealership utilizing advanced AI and spatial computing technology to create immersive brand experiences and personalized car-buying interactions for customers, starting with the launch in Ecuador and subsequent expansion to other LATAM countries.
- The pre-production Lucid Air Sapphire, a high-performance version of the Lucid Air, is set to challenge the Tesla Model S Plaid as the quickest-accelerating production car.
- The City of Altamonte Springs in Florida is launching CraneRIDES, a phased AV shuttle pilot project in collaboration with Beep Inc.
Ferrari vs. Lucid
See our job openings and learn about our $599 referral program below! Featured jobs include: