Get your daily EV news fix, pronto! Delivered straight to your inbox in 5 minutes or less. Kia EV9 pricing has been released, Fisker is gearing up for an impressive delivery rate of 300 vehicles per day, and they've already produced 5,000 Fisker Ocean all-electric SUVs. Polestar has just inaugurated its first EV retail location in North Carolina. The Polestar 3 is in the final stages of development. Nissan is celebrating a milestone, marking the 20th anniversary of its London design studio with the unveiling of the Concept 20-23. This and so much more.
If you don’t already, subscribe to our Instagram. We only post electric pictures.
“Our chief want is someone who will inspire us to be what we know we could be.”
-Ralph Waldo Emerson
In our poll on Tuesday, we asked “How frequently do you see a Rivian?”. The results are:
- 28% said once a month
- 23% said a few everyday
- 17% said around 1 a day
- 9% said 1 a week
- 23% said never
Those of you who said “Never”, get out to CO. They are everywhere.
Top 10 News Stories Powered by EV.Careers
- The 2024 Kia EV9, the brand's first three-row SUV EV, will have a base price starting at $54,900 and comes standard with DC fast-charging capability, seating for up to seven passengers, SynTex leather-trimmed seating, 19-inch alloy wheels, and various advanced driver assistance systems, with production shifting to Georgia in 2024.
- Having built 5,000 Fisker Ocean SUVs, Fisker plans to increase deliveries to 300 vehicles per day by the end of the year.
- The newly opened Polestar retail location in Charlotte, North Carolina, expands the brand's presence in response to the growing demand for electric vehicles in the state.
- Lucid Group has inaugurated its first car manufacturing facility in Saudi Arabia, marking the company's second Advanced Manufacturing Plant and its first international plant, with plans to produce electric vehicles for Saudi Arabia and export to other markets.
- Development of Polestar 3 is nearly complete after two weeks of hot weather testing in the United Arab Emirates, with production set to commence in Q1 2024, marking Polestar's third model alongside the Polestar 1 and Polestar 2, as prototypes were tested in extreme conditions in Dubai and Abu Dhabi.
- Celebrating the 20th anniversary of Nissan Design Europe in London, Nissan unveiled a sporty urban electric concept car named Nissan Concept 20-23, designed by a team including young members of NDE, featuring aerodynamic design influenced by online racing, scissor doors, and minimalist, futuristic interior.
- The National Renewable Energy Laboratory is using its TEMPO model to provide highly resolved projections of passenger electric vehicle charging loads for the contiguous United States, offering valuable data for power grid infrastructure planning and understanding EV adoption, with a focus on county-level results and various scenarios to explore EV adoption and load projections up to 2050.
- In an open letter to shareholders, Mullen Automotive CEO, David Michery, provided updates on various company initiatives, highlighting achievements including EPA certification for Class 3 EV commercial vehicles, a firm stance against manipulative trading, commercial vehicle purchase orders, IRS approval for federal EV tax credits, the Romeo Power transaction, Class 3 commercial vehicle production commencement, a stock buyback program, and the launch of an in-house fleet telematics solution, among other developments.
- The German state-owned KfW bank has stopped a new subsidy program for home solar-powered electric vehicle charging due to overwhelming demand that exhausted the program's 300 million Euro budget from the transport ministry for this year within 24 hours of its launch.
- Autonomous vehicle company Cruise is conducting driverless ride-hailing tests in Houston.
See our job openings and learn about our $599 referral program below! Featured jobs include: