🤖Kia unveils EV3 and EV4 concept
Cruising into Thanksgiving week with a scroll of your finger for the latest on the Vatican's electrified fleet of vehicles, LA Auto Show unveilings- including the Lucid Gravity, one year of special charging rates for EV rentals, and so much more.
EV news in 5 minutes or less.
Due to the holiday on Thursday, we won’t be sending out a newsletter. Happy Thanksgiving!
"Doing the best at this moment puts you in the best place for the next moment."
It’s coming to a close. We are giving away a $50 gift card, plus an EV beanie to keep your head warm. To enter, you just need to:
- Subscribe to our newsletter
- Follow us on Instagram
It’s simple. We’ll announce the winner on our Instagram on 11/30.
*Giveaway only applies to subscribers located in the continental US.
Top 10ish News Stories Powered by EV.Careers
- Illustrating Kia's Opposites United design philosophy, the newly unveiled all-electric EV3 and EV4 concept models, showcased at the 2023 Los Angeles Auto Show, present contrasting vehicle typologies, with the EV3 distilling the essence of the EV9 flagship SUV into a compact crossover, and the EV4 redefining the electric sedan with a four-door format.
- The hybrid-electric Honda Prelude Concept, making its North American debut at the Los Angeles Auto Show, underscores Honda's commitment to advancing the joy of driving in the electrified future.
- Hyundai's new IONIQ 5 N electric performance vehicle, set to be available in March 2024, boasts 641 horsepower, a two-stage inverter, and an 84 kWh battery, offering exclusive features like N Battery Preconditioning, N Race, N Pedal, N Brake Regen, and N Drift Optimizer, with performance enhancements such as reinforced body structure, dual-motor all-wheel drive, and advanced thermal management for optimal racetrack conditions.
- Supporting the Vatican City State's decarbonization strategy, Volkswagen will deliver almost 40 fully electric models, including ID.3, ID.4, and ID.5, as part of the "Ecological Conversion 2030" program, aiming to achieve a climate-neutral Vatican fleet by 2030, with the first two ID.3 Pro Performance models personally handed over to the Vatican by Imelda Labbé and Dr. Christian Dahlheim.
- Introducing the Lucid Gravity, an electric SUV with a projected range of over 440 miles, a focus on space, luxury, and utility, offering long-range capabilities, a comfortable interior for up to 7 passengers, customizable features, and lightning-speed charging at over 300kW.
- Hertz and EVgo are partnering to offer a joint promotion providing one year of special charging rates exclusively to new EVgo customers renting any electric vehicle model at Hertz locations across the United States.
- Canoo has secured a contract with Prime Time Shuttle for the acquisition of up to 550 EVs.
- Toyota Motor North America and Redwood Materials have expanded their recycling agreement to develop end-of-life pathways for Toyota's automotive batteries, with plans for Toyota to source Cathode Active Material and Anode copper foil from Redwood's recycling activities, creating a circular supply chain and contributing to Toyota's goal of a closed-loop battery ecosystem.
- Austin leads Texas in electric vehicle adoption, with over 2.1% of registered vehicles in Travis County being battery-powered, the highest rate among the state's five largest counties, and only just below California's 3% EV ownership rate.
- Vietnamese automaker VinFast has received applications from 70 US auto dealers to sell its electric vehicles, as part of the company's goal to establish 125 points of sale initially.
AutoMobility LA/The LA Auto Show
We just got back from AutoMobility LA/The LA Auto Show. This year was great, but a little different without a Porsche or Stellantis presence. Either way, we had a great time and had a chance to check out some of the newest EVs.
Guess which one was our favorite.
You can find it here.
See our job openings and learn about our $599 referral program below! Featured jobs include: