“Time is Money”
Let’s get into the news.
Don’t forget to subscribe if you haven’t already done so and have an amazing day!
Pyka has introduced the Pelican Cargo, a large autonomous electric aircraft, as the latest addition to its industrial aircraft fleet. The Pelican Cargo is the world's largest, zero-emission cargo airplane with a range of 200 miles, a 400-pound payload, and 66 cubic feet of cargo volume. Pyka has received over 80 pre-commitments for the Pelican Cargo from three launch customers in North America and Europe. The aircraft is undergoing testing and is expected to start commercial operations in the second half of 2023.
- The city of Annapolis has purchased two electric transit buses from BYD to be the first in its transit fleet.
- BYD predicts its 2022 net profit to be more than five times the previous year, with a net profit of $2.37-$2.52 billion versus around $445 million in 2021.
- BYD is working on acquiring insurance company Yi’an P&C which Chinese regulators seized in 2020.
- Zeekr has previewed its third production model, an electric crossover SUV ahead of its planned unveiling at the 2023 Shanghai auto show in April.
- QuantumScape claims its solid state batteries have a volumetric energy density of 1 kWh/l, which is four times that of the current Tesla Model 3 battery, and a weight energy density of 380-500 Wh/kg, compared to 260 Wh/kg for Tesla. The battery can be charged from 0 to 80% in just 15 minutes and can retain over 80% of its capacity after 800 cycles.
- Mercedes-Benz has announced that its Drive Pilot system has reached SAE Level 3 automation, which is higher than Tesla's current level of self-driving which is at SAE Level 2.
- Aurora Innovation has hired Ossa Fisher as its President as they prepare to launch self-driving trucks next year.
- General Motors is investing $650 million in Lithium Americas to secure access to lithium for electric vehicle batteries. The investment will give GM exclusive access to the first phase of lithium production and the right of first offer on the second phase from the Thacker Pass mine
EPG and Mobility EVo
Mobility EVo is brought to you by EPG. EPG is an electric vehicle and autonomous vehicle recruiting and staffing company. We created Mobility EVo to bring you the latest news on the Electric Vehicle and Autonomous Vehicle industry through our newsletter. Whether it’s Tesla, Ford, Mobileye, Cruise, Waymo, GM, Rivian, we bring it to you. We also have some electric vehicle merch too. Check out our EV hats, EV Shirts, EV Hoodies, etc… We have something for everyone.