FAA approves electric flying car. ✈️
Hello, and welcome to your bi-weekly dose of electric and autonomous vehicle news. Whether you’re a fan of fast and furious EVs, curious about self-driving technology, or just want to stay informed about the latest trends and innovations, we’ve got you covered. All in 5 minutes or less.
Ready? Let’s go!
“You must live in the present, launch yourself on every wave, find your eternity in each moment. Fools stand on their island of opportunities and look toward another land. There is no other land; there is no other life but this.”
-Henry David Thoreau
EV of the Year
Car and Driver announced the winner of the EV of the Year and the winner is:
- Ford F-150 Lightning
- Hyundai Ioniq 6
- Tesla Model Y
- Rivian R1S
Need Help Hiring
Top 10 News Stories
- By partnering with Tesla, Volvo has become the first European automaker to grant current and future owners of their electric vehicles in the United States, Canada, and Mexico access to Tesla's vast Supercharger network, which offers 12,000 additional fast-charging points alongside the existing charging infrastructure, making charging for electric vehicle drivers more convenient and effortless.
- By introducing NACS connector options, ChargePoint empowers both new and existing customers to meet the charging needs of any electric vehicle in any parking space.
- SAE International has announced the standardization of the Tesla-developed NACS connector, allowing any supplier or manufacturer to utilize it on EVs and charging stations across North America, which is expected to enhance access, choice, and convenience for consumers while strengthening the EV charging infrastructure.
- Stellantis has introduced Free2move Charge, a comprehensive ecosystem managed by the Charging & Energy Business Unit, offering seamless charging and energy management solutions for electric vehicle customers at home, in business, and on-the-go, with personalized packages and smart optimization to enhance efficiency, reduce costs, and support the company's electrification strategy.
- Was Apple's autonomous-vehicle technology spotted during testing at the former DaimlerChrysler proving ground?
- Domino's is expanding its claim to the largest electric pizza delivery fleet in the U.S. with over 1,100 custom-branded 2023 Chevy Bolt electric vehicles, more than 800 of which are already in use.
- Alef Aeronautics has received FAA certification for its electric flying car, marking the first time such a vehicle has been approved in the US and bringing them closer to offering an environmentally friendly and faster commuting option.
- Amazon's self-driving vehicle unit, Zoox, has increased its workforce by 16%.
- Researchers at The University of Texas at El Paso have developed a fully autonomous boat capable of conducting bathymetric surveys of bodies of water, aiming to simplify the survey process and assist with reconnaissance missions, potentially revolutionizing water-related studies.
- The Biden administration plans to allocate $2 billion from the Inflation Reduction Act to boost domestic manufacturing of EVs and revive struggling plants, aiming to accelerate the transition to EVs and preserve jobs in the automotive industry.
See our job openings and learn about our $599 referral program below! Featured jobs include: