Happy Thursday. We have news on Lucid, EV Prices Dropping, Autonomous Golf Cars, a $50 Giveaway (your odds are looking great), and more.
We’ll be at the LA Auto Show this week to soak up all the new EVs. We’ll be providing some great material on the show coming up.
Thank you for reading, and make sure to share this newsletter with the link below. It helps us to grow our audience and provide a better newsletter.
Lucid finally revealed its SUV, the Gravity, this week. All of the specifics have not been announced yet, but we did get some amazing photos that show a “Glass Cockpit'' like no other.
In other EV News
- Tesla, Inc. / Market Capitalization: $609.66 billion
- General Motors Company / Market Capitalization: $58.40 billion
- Ford Motor Company / Market Capitalization: $58.30 billion
- Rivian Automotive, Inc. / Market Capitalization: $30.83 billion
- Lucid Group, Inc. / Market Capitalization: $21.69 billion
- Porsche has revealed some specs on its first electric SUV - the 2024 Macan. The Macan will be able to charge from 5% to 80% in less than 25 minutes, has 603 hp and 738 lb.-ft of torque, and the PPE platform will be able to handle rear and all-wheel drive systems.
- BMW’s electric vehicle lineup will feature more affordable models, according to BMW’s CEO.
- BYD leads Chinese EV companies with the number of patents filed for EV technology.
- Indonesia Battery Corporation plans to produce 50,000 battery packs for motorcycles as the company aims to reduce emissions.
- Kempower Oyj, a Finnish charger producer, is aiming to sell in the United States to take part in President Joe Biden’s $7.5 million pledge to tackle absences within the EV charging industry.
EV of the Week
My first car was an Audi and my second car was a boxy 92’ Volvo 240D. That thing was awesome with a blue cloth interior, turbo wheels, and my sister's sorority sticker on the back. A tree ended up on top one night after a storm, but she still ran. My wife needs an electric SUV. With my love for Volvo and her need for more room and safety, the Volvo EX90 checks those boxes and that’s why it’s the EV of the Week.
- Expected Starting Price of less than $80,000
- Built in Charleston, SC
- 7 Seats
- 402 horsepower
- 568 lb-ft of torque
- 0-60 mph in 4.7 seconds
- 111 kWh battery
- 300 miles of Range
-John @ Mobility EVo
Carteav wants to create autonomous golf carts to operate around hotels, campuses, airports, and hospitals. Instead of operating on highways, Carteav sees an opportunity for autonomous applications in a low-speed setting. Makes sense and seems safer.
In other AV News
- Waymo has created a new metric for their autonomous taxis to monitor and navigate bad weather with ease.
- Einride’s first cabinless truck was tested on a public road for the first time in Tennessee. The vehicle will only be used for deliveries.
- Waymo will now charge passengers for autonomous rides on public roads. This milestone paves the way for Waymo One to be tested amongst the public. Right now, Waymo One is only tested with employees and “Trusted Testers.”
- Vanderbilt University, Tennessee DOT, Nissan, Toyota, and GM will undergo the world’s largest autonomous vehicle test in Nashville, Tennessee. The test will begin next week on a highway section near Nashville.
EPG and Mobility EVo
Mobility EVo is brought to you by EPG. EPG is an electric vehicle and autonomous vehicle recruiting and staffing company. We created Mobility EVo to bring you the latest news on the Electric Vehicle and Autonomous Vehicle industry through our newsletter. Whether it’s Tesla, Ford, Mobileye, Cruise, Waymo, GM, Rivian, we bring it to you. We also have some electric vehicle merch too. Check out our EV hats, EV Shirts, EV Hoodies, etc… We have something for everyone.