U.S. car dealerships urge Biden…
Electric boat boom, EV rollout every thirty seconds, GM’s accelerated share repurchase program, a message for the President, and a port charging system just to touch on a few EV topics trending this week!
"If something is important enough, even if the odds are against you, you should still do it."
We have a winner. You’ll have to check our Instagram to find out if it was you. While you’re there, give us a follow. Thanks for your support.
Top 10 EV News Stories Powered by EV.Careers
- Tesla's Gigafactory in Shanghai, China, produces a Tesla Model Y approximately every 30 seconds, with the facility capable of producing 950,000 cars annually, attributing its efficiency to advanced technology and collaboration with over 400 first-tier local suppliers.
- About 4,000 U.S. car dealerships are urging President Joe Biden to ease up on proposed federal regulations for electric vehicle sales, claiming the shift to battery-electric vehicles is unrealistic and demanding more time for battery technology to improve.
- Toyota is selling a part of its stake in components maker Denso to raise around $2 billion for its initiatives in electric vehicles and smart-driving technology, lowering its stake in Denso Corp. from 24.2% to 20%.
- Hyundai Motor and Kia have unveiled the Universal Wheel Drive System, called 'Uni Wheel,' which is a functionally integrated wheel drive system designed to improve space utilization in electric vehicles by moving the main drive system components to the vacant space within the wheel hub, providing additional interior space and enabling a flat-floor configuration, and potentially contributing to the development of Purpose Built Vehicles.
- General Motors plans to absorb the costs of a new contract, maintain its full-year earnings forecast, and even raise its dividend while expecting to generate more cash for the full year through cuts in capital spending and slowdowns in electric vehicle and autonomous vehicle unit investments.
- China’s Geely and electric vehicle manufacturer NIO have signed a strategic partnership agreement to cooperate on battery standards, battery-swapping technology, expansion and operation of battery-swapping networks, development of swappable models, and battery asset management.
- Chinese tech giant Huawei is collaborating with at least four traditional automakers in China to develop new car brands, working on components such as its Harmony OS operating system and driver-assist technology.
- SAE International has selected MAHLE's Differential Inductive Positioning System as the global standard solution for wireless charging of electric vehicles.
- SSA Terminals, LLC has partnered with Stäubli Electrical Connectors to provide EV automated charging connections for 33 terminal tractors at the Port of Long Beach, California, as part of the Zero and Near Zero Emission Freight Facility program.
- VMAR's E-Motion technology powers the world's most powerful outboard electric powertrain on the market, showcasing its disruptive and high-performance capabilities, while the small-cap company holds a leading position in the growing electric boat market.
Redwoods, Rats & Tarantulas- A Tesla Road Trip
Someone locked the Tesla, but I needed to hurl. I opened the door and the alarm proceeded to blare. I’m sure the people in the Model X next to us were very confused as they couldn’t see me. I then spewed onto the pavement. Ahhhh, I was starting to feel better.
Read about our recent road trip in a Tesla Model Y.
See our job openings and learn about our $599 referral program below! Featured jobs include: